Friday 13 September 2013

introducing our collaborators, Kim Hoxworth and Isabelle Thibeault-Jolin

Kim Hoxworth is an analogue photographer, designer, costumer and milliner in metro Detroit, USA. She develops and prints her pictures using traditional and experimental techniques. In her work, Kim ventures into portraying alternative realities and exploring the image of the body.
 
As Kim said,

"I most enjoy manipulating my negatives and alternative printing in the darkroom, so when digital photography started taking off I "regressed", so to speak, and started using vintage, antique and homemade cameras...the more low-tech, the better. 

I'm an all-around crafty girl and like making things. I'm a prolific seamstress and generally make whatever garments are worn in my photos, as well as designing and constructing costuming for local productions and performance artists.

I am an analog photographer using low-tech equipment such as homemade and vintage cameras, and I experiment with a variety of alternative processing and/or printing techniques".

You can find Kim's photographs in her portfolio and on her page

Isabelle Thibeault-Jolin is a photographer, painter and collagist living in Montréal, Canada. She takes both analogue and digital photographs, sometimes linking both in photographic collages, and her style is largely narrative and explorative. In her photographs, Isabelle often documents cityscapes bearing the signs but deprived of human presence, the clash between the artificial and the natural; using usually unnoticed, seemingly mundane elements of everyday landscapes.

Isabelle uses photography as a way of documenting how the world around her affects her thoughts and moulds her experience.

"As for what I'm trying to show in my photography, well, I'm trying to show to myself how I experience the world and myself. It's like wearing glasses; it helps me to see better."

Isabelle has also collaborated with many artists: "collaborations mean a lot to me, I find it makes me grow as an artist and go places I maybe wouldn't have been to by myself. I love the "visual dialogues" it provides; the meeting of two universes".

You can find Isabelle's work on her page and her blog A Thousand Ways to Tell a Tale.


No comments:

Post a Comment